Friday, January 13, 2012

Meet my morning nemesis...

In an effort to become more healthy (possibly loose a bit of weight) and overall feel better (with the added bonus of beating the traffic in the morning - which is what D says is the best part), D and I get up at O'Dark 100 and head to our little personal gym.  This gym is in our office complex and is a well hidden gem off a dark corridor. We call it our personal gym because no one in their right mind is there at 6am so we have the place to ourselves. We get to play our own music, work on all of the equipment at our own pace and - best of all...shower in the same room ;)

If it weren't for my wonderful other half I would roll over in our nice warm bed and catch another hour or so...but he has been diligent, along with our cat Cutie, in waking me up and rolling me into my sweats and out the door.

This wonderful piece of machinery is there to greet me upon my arrival and although I start out slowly, I work up a sweat, my mind clears and by the end of the 10 miles I'm ready to start the day.

It's really not such a bad way to get going and I love the fact that it's done early and I can get on with the rest of my day. Each day I gain a little bit of faith that the next will be even easier and at some point the results will be noticeable, if by no one else but me!

No comments:

Post a Comment