Thursday, January 12, 2012

Armchair Vacation...

Most of you know that I have an insatiable passion for travel. If I'm not planning a trip or on one I'm dreaming about them. My favorite pass time when the weather gets me down or I just can't keep my mind on what my tasks for the day are is to take what I call an Armchair Vacation.

I sit down at my computer and search for good travel deals to far away places that I'm dreaming of going someday. I follow reviews and travel suggestions and learn all about the area. When I'm done, I feel as if I've stepped into my screen for just a moment and experienced the warm breeze on my face or the thrill of swishing down the slopes.

Today was one of those days for me, my mind was wandering and eventually I found myself here: at the Te Tiare Beach Resort.  Yup I was, if only for a few minutes, relaxing in my own Deep Overwater Bungalow! Ah.... even Trip Adviser gives it 4.5 stars out of 5 -  it's paradise for sure. Can't you just see me enjoying a Tahitian dinner for two at Ari'i by Chef Jean Frédéric Markacz?

**Pop** back to reality...

And so, I'm going to Have a Little Faith that some day I'll find myself escaping to a remote island in the Pacific. Meanwhile I'll enjoy the flurries that are floating down outside my window and sitting in my chair  taking my Armchair Vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment